2023 Club Night
CLUB NIGHT 2023
Once again one of the most fun and interesting events of the convention, Club Night, is back. We want every club to be part of this special event as we celebrate the 49th Annual BSF convention. We are hoping that you and your club members will bring your very best ideas along with your most unique material to help your club win a piece of bonsai history. Remember the main objective is for people to have fun working together on a bonsai-related project.
This years theme will be “Land and water”. Be creative, the water doesn’t necessarily need to be wet, the land doesn’t have to be attached to the ground.
Judging for this event will be performed by our headliners. Plan now to become part of BSF history by competing in this fun and educational event.
Here are the rules:
- The 2023 Club Night is open to all BSF member clubs and BSF study groups.
- Each club or group will put together and donate its completed work of art for auction at the end of the event on Sunday night. Remember that one of the reasons for having club night is that it serves as a fundraiser to offset BSF convention costs.
- While it is understood that advanced planning and organization are necessary, the actual work in putting together your project, including wiring and the final styling is expected to occur during the allotted time on Saturday night.
- The time allowed will be three hours on Saturday night. The competition will start at 7 PM and end at 10 PM sharp. Our judges will critique the entries and award prize(s), depending on the number of entries.
- The judges will take into consideration the following criteria in determining award-winning projects:
Creativity, Sound Bonsai Styling Techniques, Movement – Flow of Trunk(s) and Branches, Evidence of Group Involvement, Health of Material
- The winning clubs or groups will receive a first-place prize of $500, a second-place prize of $250, and a third-place prize of $100. The only stipulation is that in order for us to award all three placements, there must be a minimum of 9 clubs or groups competing. If we have 7 or 8 clubs or groups competing, we will award to placements – first and second place. If we have 6 clubs or groups competing, we will only award first place. If we have 5 clubs or groups competing, we will have fun and judges’ critiques, but no cash award for first place. If we have fewer than 5 clubs or groups, it may be necessary for us to cancel the event.
- The winning club or group will also receive a perpetual trophy that will be engraved with their club or group name and the year that they won. This trophy will circulate each year as a piece of history for the event and your club or group will be part of the legacy of Club Night competition for all to remember. The winning club or group will return the trophy the following year at which time they will receive a smaller copy of the perpetual trophy that will be for them to keep.
- Registration will be done by submittal of electronic form. All registrations are to be received by Sunday, May 2nd 2023. We need this information so that we can plan for the event, make sure that the room is ready and that we have enough tables for the competition.
Let’s get all our clubs and groups fired up so that we can meet our goal of at least nine clubs or groups to have 3 placements for the winners.