2020 Club Night
Once again, one of the most fun and interesting events of the convention “Club Night” is back. We want every club to be part of this special event as we celebrate our 47th Annual BSF convention, “Movement and Style”, a discussion of art & bonsai. We are hoping that you and your club members will bring your very best ideas along with your most unique material to help your club win a piece of Florida bonsai history. Remember the main objective is for people to have fun working together on a bonsai related project.
This year, the judges will be the participating clubs. Each participating club will nominate 1 club to be the winner; no, you cannot vote for yourselves. Plan now to become part of BSF history by competing in this fun and educational event.
Club Night Rules
- The 2020 Club Night is open to all BSF member clubs and BSF study groups.
- Each club or group will put together and donate its completed work of art for auction at the end of the event. Remember that one of the reasons for having club night is that it serves as a fund raiser to offset BSF convention costs.
- While it is understood that advanced planning and organization are necessary, the actual work in putting together your project, including wiring and the final styling is expected to occur during the allotted time on Saturday night.
- The time allowed will be three hours on Saturday night. The competition will start at 7 PM and end at 10 PM sharp. The participating clubs will act as judges and provide the Club Night Chairman (Reggie Perdue) their club’s choice for the winner.
- The judging clubs will take into consideration the following criteria in determining award winning projects: Creativity, Sound Bonsai Styling Techniques, Movement – Flow of Trunk(s) and Branches, Evidence of Group Involvement, Health of Material.
- The winning clubs or groups will receive a first-place prize of $500, a second-place prize of $250 and a third-place prize of $150. The only stipulation is that in order for us to award all three placements, there must be a minimum of 9 clubs or groups competing. If we have 7 or 8 clubs or groups competing, we will award two placements – first and second place. If we have 6 clubs or groups competing, we will only award first place. If we have 5 clubs or groups competing, we will have fun and judges’ critiques, but no cash award for first place. If we have fewer than 5 clubs or groups, it may be necessary for us to cancel the event.
- The winning club or group will also receive a perpetual trophy that will be later engraved with their club or group name and the year that they won. This trophy will circulate each year as a piece of history for the event and your club or group will be part of the legacy of Club Night competition for all to remember. The winning club or group will return the trophy the following year at which time they will receive a trophy that will be theirs to keep.
- Registration in the form of an email, indicating the name of the club or group, is required. All registrations must be sent to my email address, email@example.com, no later than May 1, 2020. We need this information so that we can plan for the event, make sure that the room is ready and that we have enough tables for the competition. Last year was quite crowded.
Let’s get all of our clubs and groups fired up so that we can meet our goal of at least nine clubs or groups to have 3 placements for the winners.
2020 Club Night Chairman